Types of monetary compensation for personal injury cases

Aug 2 2018      On Behalf of  David M. Duree & Associates, P.C.      Personal Injury

There are plenty of ways personal injury can occur other than just a car accident. Whenever someone is injured, it is considered a personal injury case, especially if it happens at work, school, at a store, on someone else’s property and any other type of incident. If you’ve been injured in an accident of any kind, you likely want to know what type of monetary compensation you can claim.

No matter how you were injured, you are entitled to recover any and all monetary damages you have incurred as a result of the accident or incident that caused your injury. The following list is just a sampling of the types of injuries that allow you to recover monetary damages from:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of enjoyment
  • Mental anguish
  • Mental disability
  • Disfigurement
  • Damage to your property
  • Scars that are permanent
  • Loss of affection and love
  • Emotional trauma
  • Physical disability

Aside from the types of accidents or injuries suffered, the victim in a personal injury case will be able to request monetary compensation for a host of different things that have cost them money since they were injured.

These items include their lost wages, future lost wages, lost overtime wages, surgery bills, doctor bills, hospital bills, ambulatory bills, prescription medicine costs, in-home nursing care costs and more.

You might also be able to recover any out-of-pocket expenses, such as having the need to hire someone to cut your grass, clean your house, shop for your groceries and anything else you can no longer do on your own because of the injury.

Personal injury cases are important for those who have suffered the injury. You don’t want to have to use your own finances to pay for surgery, rehab or any special medical equipment you might need while recovering.