Contact The Farm
Fields marked with an * are required
10 interesting facts about slip and fall accidents
Sep 4 2019 On Behalf of David M. Duree & Associates, P.C. Uncategorized
Slip and fall accidents are all too common and can lead to minor and devastating injuries, and sometimes, even death.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, fatalities associated with slip and fall accidents differed between men and women, with 5% of falls leading to death for women as compared to 11% for men. Overall, women experience more slip and fall accidents more often.
Below, you’ll find 10 more intriguing facts about slip and fall accidents.
- Slip and falls are often the leading cause of emergency room visits
- Fractures are the most serious personal injury associated with slip and falls accounting for 5 of all accidents
- Slip and falls are the leading cause of work compensation claims for those 55 or older
- Messy and hazardous floors account for more than 2 million fall injuries every year.
- Slip and fall accidents are the culprit that causes half of all accidental in-home deaths
- Individuals aged 65 to 84 are especially susceptible to death due to a slip and fall accident, as these accidents are the second leading cause of injury-related death
- 60% of nursing home residents fall experience a slip and fall accident each year
- 675 of slip and fall deaths happen to people 75 years or older
- 22% of the time, workers missed over 31 days of work due to these accidents
- Fatal falls are most common in construction, mining and maintenance industries
As you can see, slip and fall accidents are no laughing matter. If you end up on your backside, in a awkward position and fall victim to an injury, a personal injury attorney well-versed in the ins and outs of fighting for compensation is waiting to represent you.